Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime Lens is compact, lightweight and packs a punch in terms of features. The Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime Lens has image stabilization not only that, this lens also comes equipped with a background blur feature and works extremely well, even in poor lighting, with the maximum aperture of f/1.8.
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime Lens Features:
Power rests in your palms. Shoot high quality pictures with incredible clarity, with its normal angle view. What’s more, the rounded 7 blade diaphragm opening makes out of focus elements appear natural in the image. If you enjoy capturing landscapes, portraits or just general photography, the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime Lens is for you.
The lens built is decent and it comes with a 52mm filter groove. It also contains a lens hood to take care of sun flares. It is an AF-S lens which means it comes with a AF motor built in and will auto focus on the Nikon D3xxx, D5xxxx series cameras.
If you own a D7xxx series camera, a D90 or an FX camera, you might look for the cheaper 35mm f/1.8D lens that doesn’t have a built in auto focus motor.
Now coming to the picture quality, it’s nothing short of amazing. With the large f/1.8 aperture, you can capture photos in low light even though the AF tends to struggle a bit under very low lighting conditions (you can fine tune that with Manual Focus Override). It produces decent bokeh at f/1.8 and is very sharp at around f/4. The lens comes with a switch to toggle between M/A (Auto Focus with Manual override) and Manual Focus.
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime Lens Information:
|Item Weight||200 g|
|Product Dimensions||5.3 x 7 x 7 cm|
|Item model number||2183|
|Additional Features||Wide Angle, 35 mm Focal Length, f/1.8, 8 Elements in 6 Groups, 0.3 mtr Filter|
|Included Components||Bayonet Hood HB-46, Flexible lens pouch CL-0913, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Front Lens Cap LC-52|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Has Image Stabilization||No|
|Optical Zoom||20 X|
|Min Focal Length||35 Millimeters|
|Speaker Diameter||70 Millimeters|
|Real Angle Of View||44 Degrees|
|Has Auto Focus||No|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Includes AC Adapter||No|
1. AF-S AF-S AF-S (very fast focus, internal focus, and very silent)
2. M/A mode (manual focus override available on autofocus mode)
3. Very fast lens (f/1.8)
4. Very sharp pictures
5. Great for sport/action photography (though you might need more zoom)
6. Great for indoor and low light situation
7. Great for portrait
8. Bokeh is almost as good as many expensive Nikon tele-lens
9. Perfect for low light with no-flash event.
9. Great focal length (35mm). About 50mm equivalent which is a normal lens (If you need more zoom, you can get the Nikon 50mm or 85mm prime lens or 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens).
10.Very fast and very silent focus.
- The only back draw is lack of VR, so unless you have very steady hands, you need to shoot at a fairly high shutter speed to avoid camera shake.
Get it from Amazon: