Kodak Smart HD LED TV — Kodak announced five TVs comprising two devices of 32 inch size, two of 40 inch size and one of 50 inch size. Of the two 32 inch TVs, one is a smart TV. Similarly, of the two 40 inch TVs, one comes with Smart TV features while the other has normal features.
Kodak Normal TV:
- The Kodak 32HDX900S (32 inch) comes with 250 nits display brightness, USB to USB copy feature, inbuilt games and Samsung display panel Price at Rs.13,499 on Shopclues.
- The Kodak FHDX900S (40 inch) vanilla TV has 300 nits of Samsung display panel, USB to USB copy feature and some inbuilt games prices at Rs.19,999 on Shopclues. These both models are normal televisions.
Kodak Smart Television:
- Kodak 32HDXSMART (32 inch) comes with a glass cabinet, 4GB flash storage and 512MB memory. Priced at Rs. 16,499 on Shopclues.
- Kodak 40FHDXSMART (40 inch) model has 300 Nits Samsung panel, 4GB flash storage, 512MB memory and supports USB to USB copy. Priced at Rs.23,499 on Shopclues.
- KODAK 50FHDXSMART (50 inch) has the same features as 40 FHDXSMART expect that its has a bigger screen size at 50-inches. Priced at Rs.35,499 on Shopclues.
The above three Smart TVs have 512 MB RAM, 4 GB of flash memory, Air Mouse feature, MHL, and Samsung display. The three Smart TVs have Android 4.4 KitKat OS, internet connectivity (via WiFi) and Miracast. All the TVs come with 2 HDMI and 2 USB ports, except the 50 inch model which has 3 HDMI and 3 USB ports.
And, all the 32 inch TVs have 1366×768 pixel resolution while the 40 and 50 inch models have full HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution.
On the launch, Avneet Singh Marwah, Director, Plastronics, said, “It is our endeavor to leverage Kodak’s legacy as one of the leading imaging companies in the world to drive its growth in the Indian home entertainment industry as well. Not only will Kodak branded TVs be a game changer in this segment but also set new benchmarks in terms of specification, accessibility and affordability.”
“We are very pleased to partner with SPPL to address the burgeoning market for TV sets in India. Kodak has played a key role in the development of the entertainment industry in India and around the world. We look forward to providing consumers in India with a new range of great Kodak-branded products,” said Steven Overman, President of Kodak’s Consumer and Film Division and Global Chief Marketing Officer.
— kodaktvindia (@kodaktvindia) August 11, 2016
Kodak is well-known for cameras. It would be interesting to see how Kodak will place their products in the market.
Kodak TVs will be available from e-stores like Shopclues, Flipkart and Amazon. Right now, Shopclues listed all the models in their site.